I would be happy to consider your book review request. Please read my guidelines to make sure you understand what to expect from my reviews.
Types of Books I accept:
- I accept both print and ebook formats. I prefer Kindle but will also accept PDF. If you would like to send a print copy, please include that in your request and I will provide a mailing address when I respond. I will not return any book that is sent to me.
- I will consider almost any genre, however, I will NOT read horror or hardcore erotica. My favorite genres include historical fiction, mystery, YA, modern romance, fantasy and science fiction.
- I do not accept payment for a review other than a copy of the book.
- I do NOT guarantee a review. If I do not like the book enough to finish it, then I will not post a review.
- I also do NOT guarantee a good review. I will always be honest about how I felt about a book. That being said, I usually try to find at least something good to say.
- Reviews will be posted whenever I finish them and fit them into my blog schedule. If you need the review by a certain time, please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate you.
- My reviews are on the shorter side and I do not use a star system. I don’t like reading long reviews and so I don’t write long reviews. My reviews average about 150-200 words and usually include a very short description of the main plot.
- My reviews also include an image of the cover and I will include a link to your book on Amazon or another online retailer. If you have a specific link you would like me to use, please include it in your request.
- My blog cross-posts to Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. I will also post the review on Goodreads.
If you would like me to consider your book, please complete the form below with the following information and I will try to get back to you in a timely fashion:
- Page count
- Link to book’s retail site (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.)
- Short description
Also, here are a few tips that will help you with me in particular:
- Pay attention when filling out the form. If you have multiple grammatical errors, I’m extremely less likely to want to read your book. I’m a stickler for good grammar as I feel that grammatical errors significantly detract from a good story.
- Similarly, if your book has been professionally edited or even edited by someone with editing experience, mention that to me. This will also save you from a less than stellar review.
- You might want to briefly explain why you think I will like your book. I receive more requests than I can actually read (especially since I don’t want to be reading just review copies for the rest of my life), so anything that you can do to set yourself apart from my other requests can only help you.
- If I accept your request, actually follow through on sending me a copy. I’ve had a few situations where I never heard from the person again, and while that only hurts them, I can guarantee that I won’t accept one of their requests again. (And I keep track of all requests I receive.)
I reserve the right to change and update these guidelines as necessary.